2022 PDGA Women's Global Event
- Date: August 6 & August 7, 2022
- Location: All Around the World
- Tournament Director: PDGA Women's Committee
- Facebook: facebook.com/womensglobalevent/
- Twitter: twitter.com/PDGA_WGE
- Instagram: instagram.com/pdga_wge
The PDGA Women's Committee is very pleased to announce that the sixth edition of the PDGA Women’s Global Event will take place the weekend of August 6 - 7, 2021. Inaugurated in 2012, this biennial event continues to break records as the largest PDGA event for a single demographic within the sport of disc golf. The 2021 Women's Global Event had 99 registered tournaments that spanned the world, from Florida to Finland, Austin to Australia, Cincinnati to China, with a combined turnout of 3224 women competing in 23 different PDGA divisions. That number grew by over 1,000 players from 2018. We can break that record in 2022!
How It Works
On August 6th and 7th, women from all around the world will play two rounds of disc golf at their local participating PDGA Women's Global Event. Scores from the first two rounds of each participating tournament will be submitted by the individual tournament directors and rated by the PDGA. These round ratings will be totaled and averaged to determine the player's "Global Score." For the rounds to qualify, the event must include two rounds and have at least three ratings propagators playing on the same course layout each round for ratings to be calculated as accurately as possible. Please note, the exact same course layout must be used for both rounds. The global results will be updated throughout the day to determine our PDGA Women’s Global Event Champions and the winner in each division will receive a memorable trophy.
- For one-day, two-round events falling on either August 6th or August 7th, 2022, both rounds on the day of the event will be included.
- For a two-day, two-round event on August 6 - 7, 2022, both rounds will be included.
- For events of three or more days on the weekend including August 6 - 7, 2022, the round(s) on August 6 will be included. If only one round was played on August 6, then the first round on August 7th will be included.
*Note for Juniors 12 and Under: As in previous years, Juniors 12 and under will have only one round (August 6th or 7th, 2022) included into the overall PDGA Women’s Global Event. The layout played by Juniors must have at least 3 propagators (with 8 officially rated rounds of 700+) playing that same layout to get an accurate rating for the PDGA Women’s Global Event.
- To be a part of this event just register to play in a local PDGA sanctioned tournament scheduled for the weekend of August 6 - 7, 2022.
- Check with your local tournament director to make sure they've registered the event as a Women's Global Event with the PDGA.
- You do not have to be a current PDGA member to compete. The PDGA has waived all non-member and player fees for all WGE divisions at this global event so that it is more accessible for new players.
- Check with your tournament director for more information on your local event, including whether the TD is providing the official WGE Player’s Pack to tournament registrants
- For additional event details, please read the Women's Global Event FAQs.
- Updates to the 2022 sanctioning process coming soon
- Are you already running a PDGA sanctioned tournament on the weekend of August 6 - 7, 2022 and would like to update it to include WGE? Register your event as a Women's Global Event with the PDGA.
- Set up tournament registration for your Women's Global Event on Disc Golf Scene.
- You must offer all PDGA junior, professional and amateur women's divisions at your event.
- You are strongly encouraged to purchase WGE player’s packages from the Official PDGA Store for your tournament entrants.
- For additional event details on how to register your own event please read the Women's Global Event FAQs.
- Download the 2022 WGE logo in various file formats here.
About the PDGA Women's Committee
The PDGA and the PDGA Women's Committee have set a goal to introduce more women to disc golf by creating more events for all skill levels. With your help, the PDGA is dedicating resources to the mission of attracting, encouraging, and retaining more participation by women in organized disc golf events.
If you are interested in running a women-only disc golf event or starting a women-only disc golf league, check out the help documents below.
Thank you to 2021 Sponsors
- Disc Dot
- Basket Bashers Disc Golf
- The G.O.A.T. Towel
- The Good Disc
- Dave Cox Photography
- Tru Par Disc Golf
- Friction Gloves
- Chucking Canuck
- Wicked Aces
- Empowered Disc Golf
- Scott Stokely
- Tree Line DGA
- Ace Runners Disc Golf
- Salmo Outdoor Store
- Dyeing 2 Disc Golf