Fontana Village Resort Disc Golf Course
Official Event Layouts
Fontana Spring Championship! Presented by Prodigy Discs.29-Apr-2018
- Holes: 18
- Length: 6,851 ft.
- Par: 60
- Divisions: FA2, MA1, MA2, MA3, MA40, MA50, MPO
- Holes: 18
- Length: 6,285 ft.
- Par: 58
- Divisions: MA1, MPO
- Holes: 18
- Length: 4,725 ft.
- Par: 55
- Divisions: FA2, MA2, MA3, MA40, MA50
What a great course.! Fun, beautiful, just hard enough. They could use some concrete pads (the rubber ones stay slick after rain) and maybe some better signage, but these are minor problems. I wish I lived closer!
it's got 18 baskets, so it gets at least a 3 for me...but other than that, it's lot's of rolling hills and a few long, straight shots...it's near the Appalachian Trail, so thru hikers get a chance to play which was nice when i came through in 2007 and 2008...i've played it a few times and it's gotten better over the years...lots of wild edibles around if you know what you are lookin' for...Ramps!!!
This is a very fun course and well worth the drive through the mountains to play it. The course layout and setting is just how I imagined it to be.
There are several signature holes on the course and several shots where you can air it out. I Highly recommend this course for the advance - pro level player.
As one of the few resident locals, I have been playing this course since it was installed by DiscConcepts in 2007. The course is very balanced with left,straight, and right turning holes, and there is some moderate to significant elevation change on many of the holes. The course is more open than wooded, though there are still enough trees to cause some anxiety on most holes. One set of primary teepads (rubber pad on wood frame) is very good. The course is slowly being improved, with shorter permanent pads planned over the Winter 09/10, as well as alternate pin placements. Overall the design is solid, and the course just needs some polish. A small group of local players are working with Fontana Village Resort to bring this course closer to its world-class potential. Throwing 2 or more rounds from the comfort of a golf cart, eating dinner at the 5-star Bistro, and then relaxing in the evening at your room overlooking the course is a unique experience.
Courses Close By
- Heritage Park, Andrews NC USNo votes yet
- American Legion Disc Golf Course - Post 13, Maryvile TN USNo votes yet
- Maryville College Woods, Maryville TN USNo votes yet
- The Claytons Disc Golf Course, Alcoa TN US(1 vote)
- Mills Park Disc Golf Course, Gatlinburg TN US(4 votes)
- Macon Early College Disc Golf Course, Franklin NC USNo votes yet
- Macon Middle School, Franklin NC USNo votes yet
- Admiral Farragut Park, Knoxville TN US(3 votes)
- Walters State Community College, Sevierville TN US(1 vote)
- Johnson University Disc Golf Course, Knoxville TN USNo votes yet